Hello and welcome to the blog , settle in for some great autumnal inspiration over the coming months , fist off I bring you Mels apes.. this is a recipe even I can follow !
It's super tasty and perfect to do at home with the kids 😋
Please enjoy and send us your pictures we lovr seeing them !
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Caramel Apple Ingredients
6 large apples
1 cup -( 250g) butter
1 ½ cup - (375g) packed brown sugar
1 1/4 cup - (59 ml) light corn syrup - golden syrup
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- As in the traditional method wash dry and de-stalk the apples.
- Line a baking sheet with silicone or grease proof paper.
- In a large saucepan mix all the ingrents except the vanilla (that will go in once the caramel is thick)
- Bring the mixture to a boil or the temperture of 245 F use a sugar thermometer to check the temp.
- Stir continually so the mixture doesnt catch or burn, it may take 20-30 ins to turn into caramel be patient.
- Add the vanilla once the caramel is thick.
- Now either dip the apples or ladle the caramel on the apples (whilst holding them over the saucepan.)
- Drain of excess then feel free to dip the caramel apples in to a additional toppings you like.
coconut / crushed nuts / choc chips / sprinkles / cookie crumbs (oreo) / chopped sweets.
Send in your pictures if you give these a go..we love to see them !!!